LIVERPOOL, England, Dec. 19, 2016 /PRNewswire/ — More than 380 graduates from the University of Liverpool’s online programmes celebrated their graduation during ceremonies and events in Liverpool between 6 and 8 December 2016. They are part of a graduating class of more than 980 students, representing 131 countries, who have recently completed University of Liverpool master’s and doctoral degrees, and postgraduate certificate programmes online. Graduates from the online programmes have the option to receive their degree certificate in person at graduation ceremonies held twice a year at the University of Liverpool.
“It’s a great honour to welcome our new online graduates and their families to Liverpool along with our campus graduates,” said the University’s Vice-Chancellor, Professor Janet Beer. “I hope all of our online graduates will celebrate their great achievements and are ready to use their new knowledge and skills to enhance their professional impact in businesses, organisations and communities globally.”
In addition to attending the campus ceremonies, the graduates and their families and friends, as well as faculty members, were welcomed at the Online Graduates’ Recognition Ceremony and Reception at the Titanic Hotel, Stanley Dock, Liverpool on 8 December. The event honoured graduates from several online programmes who received the Student of the Year and Dissertation of the Year Awards, and provided an opportunity for all online graduates to meet and network with their peers from around the world.
The Student of the Year Awards – for outstanding performance throughout an online degree programme – were awarded to:
- Dale Aluf, an MSc in Applied Psychology graduate in South Africa
- Alan Boyd, an MSc in Operations and Supply Chain Management graduate in the UK
- Rania Elsheimy, an MSc in Corporate Finance graduate in the UAE
- Lydiah Mutisya, an LLM in International Finance and Banking Law graduate in Kenya
- Margaret Rose, a Master of Public Health (MPH) graduate in Northern Mariana Islands
- Elisabetta Rotolo, a Master of Business Administration (MBA) graduate in Italy
- David Sanders, an MSc in Information Technology graduate in Canada
- Nicola Bidwell, an MSc in Forensic Psychology and Criminal Investigation graduate in the UK
- Clara Wing Yee Wu, an MSc in International Management graduate in Hong Kong
The Dissertation of the Year Awards – for an outstanding dissertation – were awarded to:
- Dennis Bloch, an LLM in International Business Law graduate in Germany
- Natalie Drever, an MSc in Applied Psychology graduate in Canada
- Francesca Jones, an MSc in Forensic Psychology and Criminal Investigation graduate in the UK
- Juan Manuel Vergara Montiel, an MSc in Software Engineering graduate in Spain.
- Linnea Renton, a Master of Public Health (MPH) graduate in the UK
“An emergency doctor by training, I took the online masters to increase my management knowledge, focusing my dissertation research on emergency medicine in the private health care sector in Hong Kong. The programme gave me flexibility and was very well structured, with a lot of interaction with students and instructors from all over the world – the Middle East, Europe, America and even China,” said Dr. Clara Wing Yee Wu, MSc in International Management graduate and Student of the Year Award winner, from Hong Kong. “Here in the UK, I am meeting my Dissertation Advisor. It’s like going to meet an old friend whom you have worked with for over a year but have never met in person before.”
Designed for working professionals, the University of Liverpool’s fully online learning model enables students to earn an advanced academic degree without interrupting their career – from wherever they are based in the world. Students enjoy an engaging, global and highly collaborative learning experience that provides them with the knowledge and skills to achieve immediate professional impact.
For more information about the University of Liverpool’s online programmes, visit www.online.liverpool.ac.
About the University of Liverpool Online Programmes
The University of Liverpool ranks in the top 1% of universities worldwide as listed in the International Handbook of Universities, published by the International Association of Universities (2014),and is a member of the UK’s Russell Group of research-led universities. More than 10,000 students from more than 160 countries are studying for postgraduate certificates, master’s and doctoral degrees online with the University of Liverpool. These programmes are provided in partnership with online learning expert, Laureate Online Education. For more information about Laureate, visit www.laureate.net.